Will taking too many Reishi mushrooms potentially harm my liver? I've heard that Reishi mushrooms may contribute to liver toxicity and damage.
Joel Taylor (Saturday, August 07, 2021):
The side effects of Reishi mushrooms are not well understood due to the limited research on the matter. While they appear to be safe with minimal side effects, there have been associations drawn between Reishi mushrooms and liver toxicity, especially in the powdered form.
Experts recommend that oral consumption of the whole or dried mushrooms may be safe for up to a year, while the use of the powdered mushrooms may be dangerous if taken longer than a month. So the answer is inconclusive. Reishi mushrooms may be bad for the liver, but more research is needed.
Avik Das (Saturday, August 07, 2021):
Reishi mushrooms are one of the healthiest mushrooms you can consume, considering the wide range of benefits it provides. From immunity boost, anti-cancer ingredients, solving the sleeping issue to controlling high BP. While Reishi mushroom is totally safe, there have been liver related issues for people who have taken the powder form. It is best to avoid the powder form of Reishi mushroom.