Is It Safe to Use a CBD Vaporizer?
Although long-term effects of vaping are unknown, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) advise against it.
Published May 18, 2021.
Vaping has increasingly become one of the popular ways to consume CBD. Many users are opting to use CBD vaporisers rather than other methods of CBD consumption.
However, some questions arise:
- How safe is it to use CBD vaporizers?
- Are there any potential risks to using CBD vaporizers?
- Here we look at everything you need to know about CBD vaporizers and their safety.
How to use a vaporizer
Vaping is considered one of the best methods to consume CBD. It involves heating CBD directly to vapor and ingesting through inhalation.
Vapers should use the vaporizer appropriately to ensure its safety. The following will guide you on how to use your vaporizer to get the most out of it.
- Fill your vaporizer with CBD e-liquid.
- Pre-saturate your coil to avoid overheating and burning
- Allow the vaporizer to sit for at least 5-10 minutes for the coil to saturate fully
- Click the power button to switch it on
- Use the adjustable airflow (if it has) to have your preferred setting
- While pressing the button, start by inhaling small puffs
- Wait between 5-10 minutes between the puffs to feel the effects of CBD
- Always start by ingesting a small amount and work your up to the optimal dose
How to recognize and buy safe CBD vaporizers
You must know that the kind of vaporizer you will use will determine its safety. With many dishonest suppliers out there, you have to be extra cautious when purchasing your vaporizer to avoid receiving a faulty one.
There are factors you should consider to ensure that you are purchasing a safe vaporizer, and they include:
- Buying from a reputable supplier - conduct an intensive research about the brand to determine if they are known to deliver quality products. What was their experience with previous customers? A reputable dealer should have a wide range of vaporizers for you to choose from.
- Pricing - this is another crucial factor you should consider. Visit several suppliers and compare the prices.
- Look at customer feedback - If a brand has a negative rating, that might be your cue to move on to another.
Does vaping affect your lungs?
Although vaping is becoming one of the popular methods of CBD consumption, researchers are suggesting that it might have an impact on your lungs.
Vaping involves heating an e-juice mixture (cannabinoids, terpenes, and other additives compounds such as nicotine) and inhaling directly into your lungs. Some studies suggest some of the components may get deep into the lung issues causing an inflammatory response.