How do I know which CBD oil I should use?
Asked 2 years ago
I have a disc bulge in my back, and I’m starting out looking to buy my first CBD product. What is good quality and safe, and what is not? I am tempted to buy from Love Hemp or DragonFly, but only because they are in U.K. retail stores, so I assume it's safe?
Tuesday, May 04, 2021
There is no perfect CBD product. You can choose from a variety of choices based on your need at a particular time. There are various factors you can consider before choosing a particular CBD product.
1. Quality of CBD: CBD does not come at a cheap price. Manufacturers go through some very tasking processes before coming up with a high-quality CBD product. Generally, the higher the price of a CBD product, the higher its quality. You can also check the label to ascertain the amount of CBD and other cannabinoids present in the product.
2. Independent laboratory testing: Before you choose any particular CBD product, try to check if the company has its products verified by an independent laboratory. Companies with consistently good independent test results are not shy to show them. Be wary of CBD products without an independent laboratory test result. You can find these test results on the label or the company's website. You can determine the exact amount of CBD, THC and other additives in an independent laboratory test result.
3. Type of CBD: There are three different types of CBD to choose from, namely: full-spectrum, broad-spectrum and isolates. Full-spectrum CBD has the entourage benefit of other cannabinoids compounds including THC (about 0.3%). Broad-spectrum also has the entourage benefits of other cannabinoids but with no THC (or in very negligible amount), while isolates are pure forms of CBD with no THC or any other cannabinoid.
You can choose between any of these three. Experts say full-spectrum CBD is the most potent because it contains all the entourage benefits. However, if you will want to avoid THC, you can go for broad-spectrum instead, as very little amount of THC found in full-spectrum can be noticeable in blood tests. Isolates are pure CBD products, if you want to ascertain if CBD alone is enough to ease your disorder, you should go for isolates.
4. Forms of CBD: CBD can be taken in several forms including oils and tinctures, creams and lotions, capsules and pills, edibles etc. Oils and tinctures are placed under the tongue. They are good alternatives for those who can't take capsules. Cream and lotions can be used when the disorder is localised in a certain area. For example, in muscle and joint pain. Edibles are an enjoyable way of taking CBD as they are portable and tasty.
5. Additional ingredients: Some CBD products have other ingredients added to the full spectrum or broad-spectrum CBD. These ingredients are added for specific purposes. For example, a CBD product made specifically to induce sleep may possess melatonin, a hormone that controls sleep-wake cycle in individuals.
There is no perfect CBD product, each CBD product has its health benefit. Before getting any CBD for the first time, you should carry out your research to ascertain which product is best for you. Also, there is no universal dosage for CBD. I will advise you to start with a very low dosage, then increase gradually until you get your required result.
You should also see a medical professional before taking CBD especially when you're currently taking another medication. This is because CBD may interfere with the metabolism of certain drugs negatively. Your doctor may also advise you on the best CBD product for you.
Sunday, May 09, 2021
CBD's efficiency and popularity have made it a highly valued product in the market and given the name of a natural remedy. Considering it's still new to many people, things might get ambiguous while buying CBD products for the first time. While there are many CBD companies in the market, not every company is good and deliver. You should consider some different key points before purchasing your first CBD product.
1) Third-Party Lab Test:
As a number of companies don't provide the things they claim in a CBD product, it is essential to check a third-party lab test. By third party lab test, it means that a particular company tests their product through an independent lab to prove their claims, making it a reliable brand. If a CBD company's label matches with their third party lab test, then you can be assured that it's a premium quality product. Most companies put their lab test on their websites. It's better not to go for a company, who doesn't provide any third part lab test.
2) Online reviews
Even if you buy CBD products from retail stores, online reviews would be applicable. Before choosing any CBD brand, make sure to check online reviews of other consumers. By going through online reviews, you can decide whether a particular product is worthy of buying. For products from a retail store, just check their feedbacks after a simple Google search.
3) Hemp Source
To buy CBD oil, it is important to know the source of hemp and if they are organic. Many UK CBD companies make organic CBD products from homegrown hemp, while some of them are collected from all over Europe. Moreover, some companies import hemp from the United States. Nevertheless, make sure it is mentioned on the company website of or the package.
4) Varieties in CBD
While CBD oil is probably the most popular type of CBD in the market, there are other forms of CBD. You can have edible CBD products such as gummies, capsules, even CBD tea or coffee. If you get tired of CBD oil, which isn't always the easy process to get into your system, then you can switch to other edible options. Also, you can simultaneously have different forms of CBD products while staying in the limited dosage.
Therefore, go for products that meet these above-mentioned criteria. If you are tempted buy Lovehemp or Dragonfly, both brands have reputations and certainly good to go.
Please follow our Community Guidelines