Can CBD Oil Help Manage Sciatica & Bulging Disc Pain?
CBD oil could help with sciatic nerve pain, herniated disks, or bulging disk pain. But, which method is right choice for you? Vaping CBD or CBD oil? Read more.
Updated April 6, 2023.
CBD oil may not only help with sciatic nerve pain but also acute pain such as bulging disks. Pain relief is actually one of the biggest reasons people use CBD.
Let's look at the two main options of using CBD oil.
» Find the perfect CBD remedy for your condition - take this quiz
1. Vaping CBD for Herniated Disk Pain
Vaping CBD oil - or using CBD in general - may help reduce inflammation, such as bulging discs. It's also possible to find relief from sciatica. That being said, it's important to understand if inhaling CBD is right for you.
- Cannabinoids directly hit the bloodstream through your lungs
- Fastest way to experience CBD - takes effect in minutes
- Very short effect of duration - usually around two hours
- It can aggravate your lungs and lead to lung diseases
» Know the risks: Vaping CBD and how it affects lungs
2. CBD Oil for Bulging Disks and Pinched Nerve Pain
CBD oil in any form might be useful as an analgesic and anti-inflammatory. But again, it's about finding the right fit. Ingesting oil has its own advantages and disadvantages that would affect your choice.
- Beneficial for a lot of different pain and inflammation-related chronic illnesses
- Effects can last between 4-8 hours
- It can take 45 minutes or longer before you notice relief
- Some find the earthy flavour distasteful
» Have you considered using CBD for back pain?
Choosing the Right CBD Ingestion Method for Herniated Disc Pain
CBD will likely help with sciatic nerve pain and bulging discs. If you want to address sudden flare-ups, vaping is the perfect solution. But if your condition is constant, you may want to try longer-lasting methods. We suggest that you self-assess what you need and consult a doctor, especially if you're on any medication.