Which CBD Products Have No Trace of THC?
CBD and THC are the main compounds in the cannabis plant. THC is psychoactive thus is classified under controlled drugs. The maximum legal THC is in UK 0.2%
Published May 19, 2021.
CBD has gained popularity due to its therapeutic properties. The cannabis plant contains other naturally occurring cannabinoids, each with a distinctive effect on your body.
Some cannabinoids such as THC are classified under controlled substances in the UK. For this, you must understand what CBD products contain or don't contain traces of THC.
If you are a newbie, it might be hard to understand all the terms used and how to purchase a THC-free product. But, don't worry; the following piece will walk you through what you need to know.
There are three primary forms of CBD and include:
In a cannabis plant, many compounds are believed to contain therapeutic properties. They include:
- Cannabinoid - more than 100 with CBD and THC being the primary compounds
- Terpenes - responsible for odor and fragrance
- Flavonoids - responsible for flavor
A full-spectrum CBD contains a given concentration of all of those compounds, including the THC, a compound responsible for the 'high' feeling.
It contains all of the naturally occurring compounds in a cannabis plant except the THC. In some cases, it may contain undetectable traces of THC.
When preparing an isolate, all of the compounds are removed. A good isolate should contain nothing else except CBD.
From the above, only two forms can be used to prepare THC-free CBD products. This doesn't mean that there will be no products claiming to be THC-free. However, they may contain an undetectable amount of THC.
How do you ensure you are buying a THC-free CBD product?
- Buying from a reputable supplier- you must conduct an intensive brand background check. Are they known to deliver good quality products? Are they certified to supply CBD products?
- Go through the provided third-party lab results - every brand should make it easier for potential customers to access the lab results. What is contained in the product? Does it have a detectable amount of THC? Ensure you understand the information displayed on the results. If not, you can consult an expert.
- Evaluating customers' feedback - Do they deliver THC-free products? Do they satisfy customer's needs and preferences?
Advantages and disadvantages of THC-free products
- THC-free products are suitable for individuals who want to utilize the therapeutic properties of CBD without experiencing the 'high' feeling.
- Are you about to take your drug test? You don't have to worry. Most THC-free products contain undetectable traces of THC. However, in rare cases, the amount of THC can be visible in a drug test.
- Some individuals prefer CBD isolate as it's an odorless compound. They dislike the natural, earthy smell of cannabis.
On the other hand, research suggests that CBD may work better when consumed with other cannabinoids such as THC.